EMPLOYEE GETS $4,585 QWEST GRANT FOR OLLIE WEBB CENTER
QWEST GRANT DETAILS
- CenturyLink today announced a $4,585 donation to Ollie Webb Center, Inc, a non-profit organization that serves children and adults with developmental disabilities and their families .The grant was made on behalf of Arlis Dowding, a CenturyLink employee.
- The grant is part of the CenturyLink Family and Work Development program, through which a board — made up of Qwest’s management and union employees —allocates funds each year. CenturyLink employees nominate qualifying organizations, and, if selected, the organization receives a grant check from CenturyLink in the employee’s name.
OLLIE WEBB CENTER, INC.
- The $4,585 grant will fund “Just Friends”, a unique peer mentoring and friendship program that matches adolescents ages 13 – 18 with developmental disabilities with adolescents without disabilities.
- The program, which has no registration fees and is the only one of its type in the Omaha – Council Bluffs metropolitan area, has been operating for 23 years and has involved more than 1,500 youth.
- The Just Friends program serves adolescents with developmental disabilities in the Omaha, Nebraska and Council Bluffs, Iowa metropolitan area.
About the CenturyLink Foundation
CenturyLink offers a powerful combination of award-winning broadband, video and voice solutions for residential customers, businesses and government agencies. Customers coast to coast turn to Qwest's industry-leading national fiber optic network to meet their evolving communications and entertainment needs. CenturyLink employees are the driving force behind the company’s nationally recognized Spirit of Service. CenturyLink is a participant in Networx, the largest communications services contract in the world, to provide innovative voice, data and video services. For more information on CenturyLink please visit www.qwest.com. For information about the products and services CenturyLink is offering in the Networx contract, visit www.gsanetworx.com
About Ollie Webb Center, Inc.
Ollie Webb Center, Inc., founded in 2005, is an umbrella agency for The Arc of Omaha and Career Solutions, Inc., non-profit agencies offering services for people who have developmental disabilities and their families. More than 1,000 individuals participated in its services in 2007. Please visit olliewebbinc.org or call 402-346-5220 for additional information.
- Media Contact
- Kara Neuverth
- CenturyLink Communications
- Ollie Webb Center, Inc.
- Valerie Stoj
- Development and PR Director
- 402-346-5220 x 16