ANTHON-OTO COMMUNITY SCHOOLS WINS $10,000 FROM QWEST FOUNDATION
QWEST GRANT DETAILS
- The CenturyLink Foundation and the Iowa School Boards Foundation today announced that Anthon-Oto Community Schools was granted $10,000 from the CenturyLink Teachers and Technology grant program.
- The District plans to use the money to address declining test scores in reading. The project will update reading materials and accompany thinking activities with technologically up-to-date methods to spark the interest of all students.
- Students will also construct technology-enhanced graphic organizers to demonstrate their comprehension of the Playaway audio books, among other tools.
- The purpose of the CenturyLink Teachers and Technology grant program is to recognize and reward public school teachers who use innovative technology in the classroom to improve the educational experience for students.
- Through a competitive process administered by the Iowa School Boards Foundation, the CenturyLink Foundation has provided a total of $50,000 to educators across the state this year.
- “This is the second year that CenturyLink has initiated this very important program, and we are so pleased to reward teachers around our state for their innovative ideas,” said Max Phillips, CenturyLink Iowa president. “CenturyLink is proud of the Anthon-Oto School District for coming up with this idea, and I thank them for their important work.”
About the CenturyLink Foundation
CenturyLink offers a powerful combination of award-winning broadband, video and voice solutions for residential customers, businesses and government agencies. Customers coast to coast turn to Qwest's industry-leading national fiber optic network to meet their evolving communications and entertainment needs. CenturyLink employees are the driving force behind the company’s nationally recognized Spirit of Service. CenturyLink is a participant in Networx, the largest communications services contract in the world, to provide innovative voice, data and video services. For more information on CenturyLink please visit www.qwest.com. For information about the products and services CenturyLink is offering in the Networx contract, visit www.gsanetworx.com
About Iowa School Boards Foundation
The Iowa School Boards Foundation is the research affiliate of the Iowa Association of School Boards. ISBF's mission is to foster excellence and equity in public education by providing objective, reliable information and research to school boards and other education policy makers.
- Media Contact
- Kara Neuverth
- CenturyLink Communications
- Iowa School Boards Foundation
- Jennifer Huffman, Iowa Association of School Boards